Sunday, July 18, 2010

Eastern Market, Cuisine and Demetri Martin

Yesterday morning Stefanie and I went to Eastern Market. I was so distracted by the antique shops that I didn't even buy any produce. I found this cute Michigan postcard. The guy said it was from the 1940s.




Then I came across this little treasure. A school text book on hygiene from 1913. It's from the Philadelphia Public School system. I thumbed through a couple pages and knew I needed it for my coffee table. The diagrams and topics are priceless and its in pretty good condition. I naturally loved the chapter called "Emergencies." Come over and read it sometime.




We also got to talk to Karen Brown, owner of Savvy Chic. I am in love with what she did to the shabby industrial cement floor in her shop. It's painted to look exactly like hardwood floor and I honestly had to bend down and feel it to believe it. I think that would be awesome to do to my basement. I might have to go visit her again for some tips.


Friday night I went with Snoodie Foodies to Cuisine (in New Center) for our monthly Detroit restaurant adventure. Join us sometime! Angela (my future roomie) found this amazing place near her work. It was super fancy so we tried to be on our best behavior. Delicious! I highly recommend the Lobster Linguini. Check it out sometime.



Oh and I got to see Demetri Martin last night. Hilarious. We decided his jokes can rarely be successfully retold as he is all about the dead pan delivery. So go watch some of his stuff for yourself.


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the book you picked up!

    Here's my link to the picture I took of Karen for the 100 Strangers project: http://stefaniebohde.tumblr.com/post/825870502/01-100-karen

    ReplyDelete